- 3 stalks kale
- handful arugula
- 2 dates, pitted
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- 1/4 cup rotisserie chicken, skin removed and shredded (I used an organic one from Whole Foods)
- 1/2 cup brown rice (I used organic frozen brown rice from Vons)
- Shaved parmesan, optional
Remove stalk from kale and chop. Combine kale and arugula into a bowl and top with brown rice. Add chicken, chopped dates, pine nuts and salt and pepper. Top with go-to lemon dressing.
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1-2 tsp grade A maple syrup (2 makes it slightly sweet, 1 cuts the acid)
- 1 tbsp Dijon
- Pinch Salt
- Pinch Pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- ¼ Cup Olive oil, adjust to preferred consistency and flavor (I like it extra tangy so I start with less oil and add more from there.
Add all ingredients to a jar and shake. If you want a little extra tang, chop or grate one garlic clove into mixture. That is my fave to add over my paleo tuna salad or basically anything!
This is such a simple bowl, yet so delicious and highly addicting. It only takes about 10 minutes to make, including making the dressing. I love throwing this together after a long day, it's easy, protein packed and fresh! Pack this for lunch or make it for a quick weeknight supper!